Happy July! My birthday was last week, andddddd *drum roll* my sister got engaged! It’s been a great July so far. 🙂
I meant to post this easy summer recipe before July Fourth, because it’s such a great cookout meal. But the days got away from me. Planning a surprise engagement party is no small feat! #totesworthit
With no further ado, here is my easy BBQ Chicken with Summer Veggies:
Easy BBQ Chicken and Summer Veggies
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: ~30 minutes
Total Time: ~45 minutes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Your choice of BBQ sauce (see below for Whole30 approved sauce)
- 2-4 zucchinis*
- 1 cup corn kernels (frozen, canned, or roasted)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 or more tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- Juice of one lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, optional
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Wash and trim your chicken breasts. If sizes are not uniform, pound chicken breasts to equal sizes.
- Be sure to turn on and fire up your grill, too! Medium heat.
- Pour a generous amount of BBQ sauce on each chicken breast, and use a spoon to spread it out. Flip breasts over, and repeat.
- Pop your chicken onto your grill. Cook 20-30 minutes, flipping in between. Exact grill time depends on the size and thickness of your breasts.
- When your chicken is about 10-15 minutes from being done, wash and chop your zucchini. Cut the ends off, then slice down the middle, then slice down the middle of those two halves. Dice these four pieces into 1/4 thick small chunks.
- Turn on a stove burner, pour some olive oil into a medium skillet. Add the garlic.
- Add zucchini, corn, basil, thyme, and oregano. Cook about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until corn is dethawed (if frozen) and zucchini is tender.
- Add cilantro, lime, salt, and pepper and stir.
- Once chicken is done, add grated Parmesan to the veggies.
- Pour some more BBQ sauce on a plate for dipping, and enjoy!
Caroline’s Tips and Tricks:
- This veggie recipe is from Damn Delicious. I definitely did not come up with it, I just love it! I tagged @DamnDelicious in an Instagram story when I was making this, and she replied! I was blogger starstruck.
- *The number of zucchinis you want to use is kind of just your preference. I would use 4 small zucchinis or 2 large zucchinis. Dicing them really makes a TON.
- I always use frozen corn kernels. SO much easier. And a bag of frozen corn is superrrrrr cheap.
- I usually have minced garlic in the fridge, in a little squeeze container. It may not be the freshest, but it is without a doubt the easiest way to keep garlic.
- While I did not use Tessemae’s BBQ Sauce for this recipe, it does exist! Here. So this meal (sans Parmesan and with Tessemae’s sauce) can totally be Whole30 compliant. #winwin
- If you do not have a grill, this chicken will also cook up nicely in a skillet on the stove. Or even in the oven most likely. I would say 350 degrees for 30 minutes?
- This meal is so easy, I almost felt silly writing an entire blog post about it. I’ve made it a few times this summer already though, so I thought you guys might enjoy it too!
Does anyone have any chicken grilling tips they’d like to share?! Happy eating!